maandag 13 januari 2014

Why put myself through this?

A little worried of becoming more of an outcast then I already am as a vegetarian - I decided to take the challenge of eating vegan for 30 days.



Halfway the documentary 'Vegucated' - you can find it on Netflix - I realised I was struggling with my principles. You see, I have been a vegetarian on and off since I was eight years old and in total for about 12 years.
I never really considered going vegan because I LOVE cheese, eggs and yoghurt, and cakes and cookies. But then again, I LOVE meat! And I have been doing pretty well without it.
But this documentary really made me feel like I was following half of my beliefs. Like I was a gay republican - or a Christian scientist. I actually always agreed with vegan philosophies but never followed up as strictly as they did. It's time to find out what they eat for breakfast.

So for as far as the restrictions go, not only will I no longer eat meat, fish and gelatine, I will also no longer eat anything dairy, cheese or meat related. And why not - for every new beauty product I buy, I will make sure it's not tested on animals.

I will be starting February 1st until 3rd of March. (I have to empty my fridge first)

This blog will contain horrible cravings for cheese, terribly gone wrong tofu burgers, hopefully a few inches less on my waist and a clearer conscience.

PS my cat is not joining me.


1 opmerking:

  1. This has been sitting on my bucket-list for awhile. I'll join you. Challenge accepted!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen