maandag 3 maart 2014

Day 29 - the vegucated challenge

What a beautiful day to eat vegan! My two last days of my vegan challenge I spend with my mum in Amsterdam. We went to Vegabond, a vegan shop that just opened in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. It felt like I found my church! And they sell cake too! They serve great lunches and sell everything vegan you can think of - vegan cheeses, vegan sausages and complete meals too. 

Breakfast
I had a breakfast muffin from yesterday and a cup of tea. I was in a bit of a rush so didn't take a picture. I think my big ass lunch really makes up for it though.

Lunch
Even for non-vegans that just crave a healthy lunch, if you're ever in Amsterdam, check out Vegabond. It's central and it's fabulous! After struggling with eating outside my own kitchen, having a place where I could have anything on the menu was just so nice. My mum and me went all out. We started with spelt bread with avocado on one slice and beetroot on the other, with a lentil soup on the side to share. The bread was really fresh and the entire lunch was just incredible. I really didn't miss my cheese. We were completely stuffed already but when in Rome... we ordered banana bread and a muffin with orange in it. We both had half of both and it was delicious. If you go there, take your shopping bag because all those crazy ingredients you need for vegan recipes you can find here. (I finally found chickpea flour and buckwheat flour here!) And if you're vegan and you don't care about calories, they have loads of chocolates, sweets and biscuits too.

Dinner
My mum and me love markets, we found an organic food market near our apartment and did our groceries shopping here. We left with garlic olives, avocado, spelt bread, pine nut hummus, smoked almonds, artichokes and we fried some onion with tomato and mushrooms. A great home-made vegan tapas night.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten