dinsdag 11 februari 2014

Day 10 - the vegucated challenge

HA! I can feel my muscles aching and am really pleased with that. I'm doing something right :-) I was well prepared for today. But then everything went wrong, I overslept so didn't have time to make breakfast, and in the hurry I forgot to take my salad for lunch. 

Breakfast
As I had roughly 20 seconds to eat to make sure I'd catch my train, I stuffed in a banana and took a grapefruit for in the office. Grapefruit is not an office fruit - it's too big, too juicy, too smelly and it contains pits. A bit of a drama but the taste was great.


Lunch
I left my carefully prepared salad at home, so my boyfriend ate it. He said it wasn't very nice but then he forgot to add dressing. I was more lucky though, it was salad day in the office and 1 out of 4 was (most probably) vegan. I had to explain the 'lunch-guy' a few times what it means to eat vegan but I think he finally got it. I could have the couscous salad with dried apricots and raisins. Very sweet and nice. I had it with a big spoon from the fruit bowl and a cracker with hummus and cucumber.


Dinner
Not having to deal with any more leftovers I cooked again! I found a nice recipe on Pinterest for stuffed aubergines with pearl couscous, cherry tomatoes and chickpeas. My fresh herbs weren't so fresh any more so my picture isn't as pretty as the one on Pinterest. Also instead of the Tahini sauce I just mixed some soy yoghurt with lemon juice and cumin, salt and pepper. It was really good, I am definitely making this again.

Exercise 
Had my third run and am really noticing improvement. The nice lady gave me two rest days after this one. I also did another 100 jumping jacks, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten