maandag 3 februari 2014

Day 2 - the vegucated challenge

Day 2, I did probably the worst thing you can do when you're eating on restrictions - I took my boyfriend to a theme park, de Efteling. Happy birthday Will! It was probably the busiest day of the year, plus my poor boyfriend was on his second day of his detox which is the most difficult one of all.

Breakfast
I had a bad memory of oatmeal - I thought it was slimy and something from the middle ages. The last time I ate it was on a scout camp where I was basically forse-fed the stuff. I now realise it's actually pretty good! I made mine with 250ml of almond milk, 6 spoons of oatmeal and a hint of cinnamon. It tastes like you're eating a treat and the whole kitchen smells nice.


Lunch
Ok - lesson learned. When you go somewhere that's all about fun and you're on a diet - bring your own food. I tried the entire food court to find something. I already ate two bananas and was really craving some lunch. I tried to serve myself a few spoons of veggies, unfortunately they were covered in delicious butter. So I found some rice with vegetables, sorry - contains egg. Literally the only thing I could eat except a third banana was fries with ketchup and fresh orange juice. I don't even like ketchup. Boohoo, what a waste of calories.





Dinner
The juicing of my boyfriend creates a lot of waste, and we thought (to make up for the terrible lunch) let's cook it until it becomes soup. It was the worst soup I have ever eaten and I will not bore you with the recipe. YUK! So my boyfriend made me a carrot, pepper and ginger juice instead. (Just chuck all of them in a juicer, just don't be too brave with the ginger).
Next to the juice I had some wholegrain bread with hummus, I love that stuff.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten