woensdag 5 februari 2014

Day 4 & 5 - the vegucated challenge

Because my boyfriend is not eating with me - he is still juicing along - I am stuck with so many leftovers! Luckily my brother, who joined me in this challenge, came over to eat them all with me. So tomorrow I can start cooking again!


DAY 4

Breakfast 


I have had a smoothie of 2 green apples, half a cucumber, a lemon and 2 kiwi's for breakfast. It tasted like sour balls! It was delicious but next time I will be a bit more careful with the lemon.
Something odd about this drink though, no matter how long I stirred it always stayed an emulsion.







Lunch


I brought my courgette soup I made earlier - and it tasted even better than on day one. As it was a small portion I decided to have a roll with hummus, tomato, pickle and cucumber with that. Great combo!






Dinner


This was fun - my friend Emile and me went to see the band Rudimental in Paradiso. To kill some time before it began I decided to take my oh-so-sceptical-friend to a vegan place in Amsterdam.
We had to go via a little alley full of graffiti, not sure if we were at the right address and a little worried we might get mugged.
We were at the right place. It had vegan stereotype written all over it, the place was ran by volunteers and we had to take care of our own dishes.  All was good though, for a tenner you received 3 courses. We started with a miso soup, had a vague dish of rice, lentils and courgette for the main and there was apple pie for dessert - but I behaved well and skipped dessert.
I have to say it was a fun view seeing Emile in his trench coat sipping his organic beer in the middle of all the vegan hippies. A beautiful combination.


DAY 4

Breakfast

If there was an award for the best breakfast in the world, this one would at least be a nominee, or at least be able to announce the nominees. YUM! All you need is a handful of frozen strawberries, a small banana and a splash of almond milk. I felt like I was cheating on breakfast with a slush puppy, what a breakfast.







Lunch

I bought a ready made couscous from our local supermarket wish was pretty much the only vegan option they had. But it was actually really good and super easy to make yourself. It was couscous with courgette, sun dried tomatoes, peas, raisins and mint. A real fine combination and I noticed I didn't have the famous after-lunch dip.


Dinner

With a fridge full of the courgette soup and the sweet potato dish about to go off, I knew I needed to invite someone with a big appetite - otherwise I had to waste all this good food.
My brother to the rescue! Happily we completely finished all the Tupperware. Thanks Michael! You can cook next :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten