zondag 16 februari 2014

Day 15 - the vegucated challenge

Today we went to my family in my home town Vlissingen. Lunch at my mum's and dinner at my dad's. I promised to arrange the ingredients for dinner as cooking vegan can be quite a challenge if you're not used to it.

Exercise 

I had my 5th run today. It was storming and I was running into the wind. It was hard but I am so happy I am improving every time. I was so excited I high-fived a little girl that passed me on my run.

Breakfast
I was running late as usual and decided to just eat a massive apple in the car. Not picture worthy.

Lunch
My mum's other half, Jan, received a blender as a Christmas gift. My mum made us a nice smoothie of beetroot, spinach, kiwi and banana. Really nice and really good for you. With that we fried some tomatoes and mushrooms and had a rice cracker.



Dinner
After yesterday's success we decided to make another curry - this time I was in charge of the groceries and was very happy that the fair trade curry paste was vegan. I'll be making a lot more curries from now on. It's the easiest kitchen to eat vegan. My boyfriend cooked again - he used the same recipe and substituted the tofu with potato. We served it with emping and cucumber. Everyone really enjoyed this - thanks for cooking Will!

1 opmerking: