dinsdag 11 februari 2014

Day 11 - the vegucated challenge

I stayed home ill today, I woke up with a headache and felt too weak to go to work. No exercise today. It's evening now and I feel loads better and will go back to work tomorrow. I had some real great news though. My sister and her boyfriend watched Vegucated (The documentary that inspired me to go vegan, you can find it on Netflix). She told me she doesn't want to eat meat any more, and her boyfriend is in too - except for the occasional fish.

She told me it now felt weird chewing on an animal's leg while watching telly. I think that pretty much sums it up, we have gotten so used to eating animals that it takes a documentary to see how odd it really is. And unnecessary.
Now I watched more on this, I more and more believe that animals should never be an industry. Not for food, not for clothes, not for science and not for entertainment.

Breakfast
A banana and straight back to bed. This really didn't deserve a picture.

Lunch

The leftover filling of yesterday's aubergines was a great lunch. Pearl couscous with chunks of aubergine, chickpeas and cherry tomatoes. Instead of the soy yoghurt this time I added the curry-hummus.





Dinner

Feeling a bit better I decided to use pretty much everything we had in house to put together a dinner.
I made a broccoli-sweet potato soup, found the recipe on Pinterest. Next to that I made tortillas with hummus, cucumber, olives and sun dried tomatoes. A nice meal with loads of soup left for tomorrow's lunch.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten