donderdag 13 februari 2014

Day 13 - the vegucated challenge

Today was the day of vegan jokes. My friend sent me this one: Why does vegan cheese taste bad? It wasn't tested on mice. To be honest, a little lame, no offence, I just thought it was my responsibility to collect a few better ones. 



Breakfast
When I wake up late I'm so happy we have Tuesday and Thursday's fruit-deliveries in the office. Normally when I skip breakfast at home I would pick up a croissant or some yoghurt on the way - now it's pretty much impossible to find proper vegan breakfast on the go. So I took my fair share out of the fruit basket this morning - with this happy result. People actually saw me positioning my fruit into a smiley face and making a picture of it. I'm going to loose some friends over this odd behaviour soon.





Lunch

I didn't finish the whole soup yesterday so had a little leftover. I added two sandwiched with peanut butter, pickle, lettuce, cucumber and tomato. This basically only works in theorie. Peanut butter is much nicer with sweet stuff - like banana or dark chocolate. Anyway I got plenty of vegetables in.


Dinner

My friend Marjolein came over for dinner, before I could pick a dish I had to go through her list of foods she doesn't like or is allergic to. It was quite the challenge to eat vegan and go by her rules! Check out her list (It's in Dutch but it's pretty much the same in English). How cute - she wrote it down and made a picture.
One of my past-favourites is peanut soup. It had two main ingredients which contained egg and shrimp, not very vegan. So I tried my best to make it from scratch, and it came close enough. We had bread (which had no ingredients written on it so I took a leap of faith) and cassava crisps with that. Probably the least healthy meal I had all week.

The recipe in a nutshell: Fry a bag of Thai vegetables in a spoon of olive oil for a few minutes. Add 6 big chopped tomatoes, 0,5 litre vegan stock with garlic, salt and pepper. After it cooks for a while use a hand blender to mush it all up. Then add peanut butter to taste. Top it off with some soy cooking cream. Also very nice to add some egg-free noodles, just cook them along. Serve with cucumber if you're healthy, otherwise with cassava/emping and bread.

Exercise 
I did my 4th lesson of running today and it felt great. It was 22.00 at night so I went for the safest route I could think of. I actually could feel a big improvement compared to the first lesson. Up to running 5k! I'm so excited. This doesn't sound like much but you need do understand I was the ''picked last at P.E'' kind of kid. I used to hyperventilate every time I had to do a run. I'm so excited about the fact it's going well so far.

Jokes
Ok here they go!







1 opmerking: