woensdag 26 februari 2014

Day 24 - the vegucated challenge

Yesterday my friend Gerda gave me a bag. Not just any bag. She has been making these herself from bedsheets she bought in a thrift shop. The best part is she has been handing them out in supermarkets to people who are using plastic bags. You get the idea, plastic bag bad, bed sheet bag good! And now she had one for me to keep! How sweet.


Look! Here it is! Ain't it a beauty? After work I went to the vegetable shop and I if didn't have this bag with me I would have used the plastic bags from the shop. It's filled with portobello mushrooms, courgette, aubergine, mango and parsley. I'm taking this bag everywhere!

Breakfast
What a great breakfast to start off the week. Smoothie! I mixed a banana with 5 or 6 frozen strawberries and a splash of water. Tadaa! Beautiful pink goodness that tastes like candy. I bet if you have kids that don't like fruit - this is the way to get them digging in.

Lunch
Because the salad I made for dinner yesterday was so big ass monkey I had loads left to take to work today. I made a peanut butter, soy butter sandwich to go with that. And then I had another sandwich but I didn't make a picture of it. Oh am I glad peanut butter is vegan!

Dinner
Inspired by my Pinterest collection of vegan recipes I came along this recipe. Quinoa with mint and parsley with grilled vegetables. It was delicious. I made a sauce by simply mixing hummus and tahini for the side. Great with some freshly squeezed lemon. I made this without the asparagus and corn because my local shop didn't sell them - probably not in season so that's a good thing. Really healthy and a really nice mix of flavours.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten