zaterdag 22 februari 2014

Day 19 - the vegucated challenge

I am so happy that my colleague told me about this fact: figs eat bugs. Ha! Who knew those innocent looking bastards would be killing wasps. Question is though, do they fit in my vegan diet? I can't really protest outside of a fig tree and tell 'em to stop doing it. But the fact I would be eating digested wasps (fig-poo) really killed the joy of eating the murderous fruit.

Want to read about the ins and outs, I found a nice article here.

Breakfast
Getting breakfast in the station leaves little options, but forces me to have something healthy which is a handy benefit. No crossaints or panini's on the go for me. All I could find was a banana and a fresh mago-pineapple juice. I had both with a green tea in the office.









Lunch


Awww yisss! Salad and smoothie day in the office. I left my own lunch in the company-fridge for tomorrow and dug in to two salads. One with grilled vegetables and olive oil and one with couscous and kiwi. The smoothie had a base of orange juice so was safe too. Happy days!




Dinner


Tonight I had dinner with my friend Joella. She needed a little inspiration of what to cook - afraid she'd accidentally kill me with something non-vegan. We found this recipe on Pinterest and had a go at it. Shaved brussels sprouts salad with avocado and pistachios. Seriously didn't expect it to be so good. Although the meal didn't have any carbs or animal products, neither of us missed it. I'm going to make this a lot more often. Little plus: check Joella's cute slipper on the right.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten