donderdag 20 februari 2014

Day 18 - the vegucated challenge

This comment keeps cracking me up: Why don't you help people instead of animals? .. really?
As if in the Matrix I had to pick between the red and the blue pill. Because I care for animals doesn't automatically mean I don't care for people. Ha- you'd be surprised the amount of times I hear this. I don't eat animals but I sure like to murder little children. (Not true by the way - don't send the police).


 The best part of this discussion is that if everyone ate vegan there would be no need for hunger among PEOPLE in the world. I bet this is an illustration we've all seen before:

So basically, even though it wasn't my original intention - a nice side effect of eating vegan is making the world a better place not only for animals, but also for people. What's not to love?

Breakfast
I really need to make time for breakfast. When will I learn? The fruit basket from yesterday held one pathetic apple. As if it was saying to me 'stupid vegan, I'm all you can eat in this office, muwhaha!'.

Lunch
If I want to loose weight eating vegan, the choice I made for lunch today was just ridiculous. It was so delicious though. I started making two rolls with hummus and salad. And then I still had room for a 3rd one which didn't even fit on the picture. Bread and hummus is just the best part of eating vegan.

Dinner
My boyfriend and I decided to empty the fridge and made a random meal of everything that was about to go off. The result was a couscous with fennel, pomegrenate seeds, pinenuts, falafel and a 'yoghurt' mint sauce.

Interested? Here's the recipe for 2:

What you need:
120g couscous
2 fennels
1 small onion
2 toes of garlic
seeds of 1 pomegrenate (or 1 package, they are a bit less sour)
2 table spoons of pine nuts
a small cup of soy yoghurt
the juice of 1 lemon
handful of fresh mint leafs
1 packet of falafels (or be a better person than me and make them yourself!)
salt, pepper, olive oil, chilli powder


What to do:
Chop up the onion and garlic and fry together for two minutes in some olive oil. Wash the fennel and chop up, add to the onion and garlic.
In the mean while make the couscous as per packaging and fry the falafel in some olive oil. Also dry-roast the pine nuts in a seperate small frying pan. (Yep, that's 4 pans in total!)
Add seasoning to the fennel and stir well.
With a hand blender mix the soy yoghurt, a dash of olive oil, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper for the sauce. This is served cold.

When the couscous is ready stir it through the fennel. Serve with falafel, pine nuts, pomegrenates and sauce.
 

 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten