dinsdag 25 februari 2014

Day 22 - the vegucated challenge

It's saturday! (It's really already Tuesday but I'm a bit behind with my posts). I decided it was a good day to invest in some running shoes. I am now in my third week of running and been doing so on tennis shoes. A nice investment to keep me motivated and without injuries.

 Breakfast
The first time in a while I made time to make myself a proper breakfast. Oatmeal with soymilk, cinnamon, flaxseeds and dried cranberries.





Lunch
I have to admit, when you are out and get peckish, you are going to have a bad time as a vegan. Sandwich shops haven't really discovered hummus yet in the Netherlands and the only vegan place I know in Utrecht only serves dinner. By this time I was starving and annoyed and ready to slaughter a cow and eat him raw.
But there were no cows and I bravely checked several menu's and finnaly found a sandwich place that could make me a roll with guacemole and roasted vegetables.

Dinner
Another attempt to empty the fridge resulted in a great veggie soup for starters. Spinach stalks, carrots, brussel sprouts, green beans, potato and parsley were all boiled in a vegetable stock and blended. I didn't expect the result to be so good. 

After that we ate the leftover vegetable curry from yesterday that was still delicious.





Running
I had my 7th run today and loved my new shoes!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten