vrijdag 28 februari 2014

Day 25 - the vegucated challenge

One of my favourite dishes in the world is lasagne. Next to cheese fondue I find it the most comforting food in the world. Had a bad breakup? Don't worry. Lasagne. So now it was time to find out if there was any comfort left in my life by making a lasagne that's just as good as a meaty cheesy one. I was pleasantly surprised and my brother was too, he couldn't wait to get the recipe.

Haven't broken the bad habit yet - I started the day with a banana again. Let's not talk about it.

Lunch
I made so much of this salad my house is now full of Tupperware with this same salad. Luckily it's very tasty. I had it for lunch with a nice wholegrain roll with hummus, pickles and tomato. Deliciouso! Did I mention I was learning Spanish? Well that wasn't Spanish. It was muy rico though.

Dinner
Awh no I didn't - yes I did! Doesn't that look like proper lasagne to you? I could have gone for a healthy one where you substitute the lasagne sheets for aubergine of courgette, but I wanted to go all out and not think of calories with this meal. Comfort food.
Let's cut to the chase - I know you want to eat this. Here's how to make it. My own recipe for 3 or 4 people. 


Ingredients


  • 1 aubergine
  • 1 courgette
  • 1 leek
  • 3 toes of garlic (bare minimum)
  • 1 packet of egg-free lasagne sheets
  • 700g organic passata
  • A red chilly
  • 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
  • a handful of fresh basil leafs
  • big spoon of soy butter
  • 75 ml soy milk (unsweetened)
  • 1 table spoon of flour (can be substituted by healthy flours)
  • 40 ml strong vegetable stock
  • Olive oil, salt, pepper
  • Vegan cheese (for example buy here)


What to do

Turn on the oven on 200 degrees. Wash and cut the courgette, aubergine and leek into small pieces. 
Cut the onion into tiny pieces and fry for a minute in a dash of olive oil. After a minute add the courgette, aubergine and leak with salt and pepper.
In the mean while add the passata, chilly (de-seeded), basil and balsamic vinegar to a blender and mix with salt and pepper to taste. Have a little taster - add any more of any ingredients based on your taste.
Now add the tomato sauce to the vegetables and stir around.
Layer the lasagne sheets and the vegetable sauce ending with vegetables sauce on top.

Time to make the cheesy goodness. Melt the butter in a saucepan, when completely melted add the flour and stir immediately. When that turned into 1 sauce slowly add the liquids (milk and vegetable stock). Add pepper.
If the sauce is too thick, add more milk, if it's too thin add more flour. 
Stir well and pour over the lasagne. Add the vegan cheese on top.

In the oven for 30 minutes. Thank me later ;-)





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten